- To implement and validate predictive models and create and maintain statistical models.
- To communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- To use statistical concepts such as regression, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
- To analyze data and undertake complex modeling to quantify risk and support business decision making.
- To review/analyze current practice area to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems
Before to join Zurich, Matteo spent more then two years working as Data Scientist in the Social Media research group at Eurecat, which he joined in September 2015. At Eurecat his main research activities were related to data science and computational social science.
- Data Scientist at Zurich Spain (From February 2018)
- Researcher at Eurecat, Centre Tecnol de Catalunya – Barcelona ,Spain (from September 2015 to February 2018)
Computer Science consultant and software engineer at Rare Diseases Center of Sardinia (from November 2010 to September 2015)
Intern Data Scieintist (working remotely) at CureMetrix, San Diego (CA) – USA (from June 2014 to October 2014)
Software developer at 3C Lab Sardegna Ricerche, Edificio 2 – Pula, Italy (from August 2010 to November 2010)
Intern at IBM Italy S.p.A (from April 2010 to July 2010)
- Intern at Yahoo! Research Barcelona (from January 2009 to June 2009)
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Cagliari, Italy (2014). Final dissertation: Mining User Behavior in Social Environments.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Cagliari, Italy (2009). Final dissertation: Metrics for characterization of web search results.
- Social Media Mining
- Computational Social Science
- Social Recommender Systems
- PC member of the of ICWSM-18(12th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media)
- PC member of the of MIDAS-2017 (The Second Workshop on MIning DAta for financial applicationS)
- Guest editor of the Special issue on “Behavioral-Data Mining in Information Systems and the Big Data Era”
- PC member of the of ICWSM-17 (The 11th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media)
- PC member of the of ICWSM-16 (Tenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media)