Matteo Manca is a Data Scientist in the Social Media research group at Eurecat, which he joined in September 2015; his main research activities are related to data science and computational social science.
Currently Matteo’s efforts are focused on exploiting advanced computational methods to infer relevant information from social media streaming data in different domains and on the visualisation of spatio-temporal social media data. In 2014 he earned his PhD in computer science from the University of Cagliari with a thesis focused on the study and implementation of social recommendation approaches for the social media domain. In 2009, Matteo got his master degree in computer science from the same university.
Before joining Eurecat, he had worked in a rare diseases centre as computer scientist and he gained experiences in dierent software companies. Moreover, he has worked as intern in CureMetrix (working remotely) , San Diego (CA) – USA and in the Web mining group at Yahoo! Researcher Barcelona.
- Researcher at Eurecat, Centre Tecnol de Catalunya – Barcelona ,Spain (from September 2015)
Computer Science consultant and software engineer at Rare Diseases Center of Sardinia (from November 2010 to September 2015)
Intern Data Scieintist (working remotely) at CureMetrix, San Diego (CA) – USA (from June 2014 to October 2014)
Software developer at 3C Lab Sardegna Ricerche, Edificio 2 – Pula, Italy (from August 2010 to November 2010)
Intern at IBM Italy S.p.A (from April 2010 to July 2010)
- Intern at Yahoo! Research Barcelona (from January 2009 to June 2009)
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Cagliari, Italy (2014). Final dissertation: Mining User Behavior in Social Environments.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Cagliari, Italy (2009). Final dissertation: Metrics for characterization of web search results.
- Social Media Mining
- Computational Social Science
- Social Recommender Systems
- PC member of the of MIDAS-2017 (The Second Workshop on MIning DAta for financial applicationS)
- Guest editor of the Special issue on “Behavioral-Data Mining in Information Systems and the Big Data Era”
- PC member of the of ICWSM-17 (The 11th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media)
- PC member of the of ICWSM-16 (Tenth International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media)